City Secretary Bobbie Jo Taylor was appointed by Council and effective November 15, 2021.
The City Secretary is responsible for:
- Conducting all city elections
- Giving notice of Council and Board meetings
- Keeping the minutes thereof, maintaining records of city administration
- Certifying all legal documents
- Public Information Requests
- Records Retention
Bobbie Jo earned her Certification as a Texas Registered Municipal Clerk in 2012. Bobbie Jo served her last City as Interim City Secretary for one year before being promoted to Full Time City Secretary in 2016. Bobbie Jo and has many years of service where she has served in Utility Billing, Code Enforcement, and as Interim City Administrator.
FY2022-2023 Scheduled Council Meetings
FY2021-2022 Scheduled Council Meetings
Citizen Comment / Inquiry Form - Questions? Concerns?
Citizen Forum Form to address Council - Complete this form and give to City Secretary to address Council at meeting.
Public Information Requests
The Public Information Act
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer's agent may not ask you why you are requesting them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.
For information regarding the procedure for inspecting or obtaining a copy of public information from the City of Ovilla, please contact the Public Information Officer, Bobbie Jo Taylor 972-617-7262. Optional methods:
- By mail to - Bobbie Jo Taylor, 105 S. Cockrell Hill Road, Ovilla, TX 75154
- Email to: City Secretary Bobbie Jo Taylor
- Fax to: Bobbie Jo Taylor, 972-515-3221
- In person at Ovilla City Hall, 105 S. Cockrell Hill Road, Ovilla, TX 75154