- Feature Links
- Employment Opportunities
Ovilla is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Ovilla is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or disability in hiring, conditions of employment or termination of employment.
Offers of employment with the City of Ovilla are contingent upon results of a pre-employment-controlled substance screening, criminal background history report and a driving record check. Resumes may be attached but will not serve as a substitute for an application. All applications and attachments become the property of the City of Ovilla. Applications may be downloaded from the link above and printed, or obtained at the Ovilla Municipal Building, 105 S. Cockrell Hill Road, Ovilla, TX 75154. For additional information regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources office, 972-617-7262 or email Glennell Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org), City Secretary/HR.
The Ovilla Fire Department continually accepts applications for fire fighter/paramedic. Final applicants for employment with the City of Ovilla are subject to drug testing and background check.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
JOB TITLE: Park Maintenance Worker
STARTING SALARY: $13.50
DEPARTMENT: Parks Department
FULL TIME: Full Time (non-exempt)
Under immediate supervision, is responsible for performing manual labor with a wide variety of construction and maintenance work to include water, sewer, streets, parks, etc.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Assists with repair and maintenance of parks and buildings Performs minor maintenance and service checks on equipment.
- Operates mowers, and other types of light to heavy equipment.
- Cleans and removes debris from streets, parks, drainage, ditches, city parks, and other areas.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
- This position requires a valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License.
- Must have a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License or be able to obtain a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License within 90 days of hiring.
- Lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- 8:00a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- On call one week a month.
- At the Department’s discretion, the work location and workdays/hours may be subject to change.
Ovilla is a General Law Type A Municipality governed by a Mayor and five Councilors. Bordered by Cedar Hill, Desoto, Midlothian, and Waxahachie, Ovilla is located on the upper Red Oak Creek in northern Ellis County, the oldest town in the county. The city is a peaceful, residential community generating comparatively low crime stats. Ovilla Demographics: Situated in Ellis and Dallas Counties, population of near 4,200, land area is six (6) square miles, ISO Fire Rating 2, estimated median house value is $220,000.