Animal Control safeguards the health of Ovilla citizens and their pets by enforcing the city's animal control ordinance and applicable state laws.
The Animal Control Department provides response for assistance concerning animal, reptile and livestock complaints. Ovilla employs one animal control officer, responsible for impounding animals that are stray and quarantining animals when required.
Other than a reported deceased animal in the street or thoroughfare, owners are responsible for their deceased animals. Animal Control does not remove an owners' deceased animal(s) from private property.
Animal Control hours are:
Monday - Friday
8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
After hours emergency calls:
Rabies is a disease caused by a virus carried by infected animals. Wild animals such as skunks, bats, raccoons, foxes and coyotes are the most common carriers of rabies. Wild animals may infect a household pet with rabies; therefore, care should be taken to avoid situations where your pet and a wild animal may meet. High-risk wild animals are skunks, bats, foxes, and raccoons. Low risk wild animals are squirrels and other rodents.
In compliance with Ordinance 2010-022, (adopted October 25, 2010) any person owning, keeping, harboring or having custody of any animal over six months of age within the municipality must obtain a license/registration for their pet(s).
Pet registration requirements are:
· Current copy of proof of vaccination
· $12.00 per pet - valid for 2 years if pet is vaccinated in past twelve months.
You may pay for your registration or renewal by:
- Fill out form online, print and either bring to City Hall or mail in with payment. Dog Registration or Cat Registration
- Coming to the City Hall offices
- Pay by mail (please clearly indicate you are requesting a pet tag/license)
- Place in the night deposit box directly in front of the City Hall building clearly noting that it is for pet registration.
Lost or Missing Pets
To report a lost or missing pet contact the Ovilla Animal Control Officer 972-617-7262 or after hours 972-775-3333.